Wednesday, June 07, 2006

OK, I'll Play (Or High School Meme from Amanda's Blog)

Amanda posted this on her blog and I figured I'd play along...

Fill in the blanks about your senior year. The longer ago it was the better.

1. Who was your best friend?: Patti and Monica

2. What sports did you play?: None

3. What kind of car did you drive?: silver Dodge Charger

4. It's Friday night, where were you at?: at a party, probably being a bad girl (look at that 80s bad hair)





5. Were you a party animal?: Um, yeah (see #4)

6. Were you considered a flirt?: Um, yeah (see #4 and #5)

7. Ever skip school?: Yes, although my mom called off for me

8. Ever smoke?: Yes

9. Were you a nerd?: No, but I was an Illinois Merit Scholar and National Merit Semifinalist in spite of my other "activities"

10. Did you get suspended/expelled?: Yes, suspended for three days in freshman year b/c I was beaten up by a chubby senior girl who I didn't know was still dating the guy I was seeing

11. Can you sing the Alma Mater?: No, and I have no idea what it was

12. Who was your favorite teacher?: Ms. Ryder - Honors English class - she was totally sarcastic and funny

13. Favorite class?: all English classes and AP American History

14. What was your school's full name?: Oak Forest High School

15. School mascot?: Bengal tiger

16. Did you go to Prom?: Yes - Eeeek. Why didn't anyone TELL me I was doing a bad impression of Donna Summer? And check out that Journey theme.


17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?: Not on your life

18. What do you remember most about graduation?: Not much - it was kind of like this big nonevent for me as it was not ever in doubt that I'd graduate

19. Favorite memory of your senior year?: ?

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?: I don't know what this is either...I don't think anyone's figured it out yet.

21. Did you have a job your senior year?: Jobs in high school were Gately's switchboard operator, Sub City sandwich maker, Walgreen's "second cosmetician" - I think I was at Walgreen's senior year

22. Who did you date?: Who didn't I date? (LOL)

23. Where did you go most often for lunch?: Always the cafeteria as we had a "closed campus".

24. Have you gained weight since then?: Yep - as now I eat more than lettuce and rice cakes (LOL)

25. What did you do after graduation?: Saint Xavier University in Chicago (1/2 merit-based scholarship and close enough to live at home but had to keep a 3.75/4.0 gpa), CPA exam, then a Master's in Tax at DePaul University after a few years break

26. When did you graduate? 1990, when the dinosaurs were roaming the earth

Now that some of us have concluded our 80s flashback, here's some obligatory knitting content.

Alpaca V-neck for Noah (Mia's twin brother) from the Yarn Girls Book.

1 Comments:

Blogger LisaBe said...

that cracked me up!
i came here from the sexy knitters club blog to ask you about the adjustments you made to tempting ii for size 34? how did you do that? is it really necessary with something that stretchy anyway? you look like a pretty knowledgeable knitter, so i'm very interested to hear what you have to say! anyway, i love your blog--i may have to bloglines you! :)

6/09/2006 04:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home