Monday, December 11, 2006

Miscellaneous Stuff

I finished my first pair of pajama pants in my sewing class! They fit very well and the fabric for them cost $8. My sewing class at JoAnn Superstore was very good (thanks for the recommendation, Amanda!) and I liked that our teacher showed us how to adjust patterns to make them shorter or longer. There was a woman in my class that is 6'1" and I am about 5'1" so we both really liked getting this little tip as it's something we'd both need to do on almost every pattern.

Here they are...and I bought more flannel fabrics to make three more pairs yesterday. SICK! Can't wait to take the next class in January - we will be making real pants, with a zipper, in that one.


12906 006

Yesterday I also went to the Chic Knits trunk show at Arcadia Knitting - here's a pic of me and Bonne Marie wearing our CeCes. I also finished Ariann but I don't have any pics. I'll probably wear that one in a few days to work so I'll take a pic that day to show y'all.

12906 002


And, since it's the season, here's a pic of me and my crazy tree.


12906 004

7 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I dunno....you might need to get a bigger tree....*grin*

12/11/2006 06:02:00 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

I love your Cece! That is so cute. I have tried my hand at sewing and I am TERRIBLE! Can't get it right. I think that is great you have so many yarn/fiber venues in your area. I need to look into that here and see if I can find anything. That seems to be a lot of fun from what I read.

12/11/2006 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Now that's a tree! Since you've made an Ariann, what would you (honestly) think of one in black? I'm still deciding on color.

12/12/2006 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

that's one hell of a Christmas tree!!! How fun! We have the cheapest live one that you could buy at Home Depot... it's like 5' tall and obviously spray painted.

12/12/2006 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Holy cow, that's a big tree! How do you get the decorations way up there?

I can't wait to start my Ariann, but I have a few more things to do first - I just need to find more hours in the day!

12/12/2006 04:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CeCe is great on you! And I am envy you can meet its maker!
Also envy on sewing class - all I can get hear are basics (like hot to sew a doshcloth!), and I'm beyond that!
And that tree - oh boy - why so big? How did you decorated it? Wait to see mine - more than half a size of yours!

12/13/2006 02:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, My! Who put the star on the top of that tree? And HOW? Did you borrow a ladder from the fire station? LOL

You did really good on your jamie pants! I wish I could take a sewing class too...

12/13/2006 07:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home