Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Fair Isle with 2 Circs, Jewelry Making and a "Baby Jane Doe" Sweater

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted in a while - I am a "blog slacker"! Haven't been doing too much knitting lately - I'm kind of in a slump.

First, I figured out knitting in the round with two circulars. I had managed to deal with the double points, but I personally like this method a lot better. Saturday I have to have the sleeves done for the 2nd part of the color workshop, so that I have something ready to steek. The sleeves are going pretty quick now that I am doing them on 2 circs, so it'll be no problem getting them done by then.










Also over the weekend, I went to a great Sweater Wizard software demo at Wool & Company, one of my favorite knitting shops. It was very informative and I ended up buying the software and designed a pattern already. We'll see how it comes out.

Something else I did this weekend was taking an introductory jewelry making class at Bead Heaven in Downers Grove next to Knitche- I learned how to do wire wraps. Here's the bracelet and earrings I made - I'm so proud of them! I really didn't think anything I made would turn out that well, especially for a first attempt.












On Friday, I went to a purse party and bought a great "Coach" purse and wallet that will double as a knitting bag. It was a lot of fun. One other nice thing was that although traffic was horrendous to Shorewood, Sandy drove so I was able to work on this...This is the second one of these I've made - the first was for McKenna last Christmas (made in exactly the lavender color shown - so unoriginal of me, I know) and my friend Lisa helped me with the crochet edging part. Now that I (marginally) know how to crochet, I'm thinking I can attempt this myself on this one. One of my friends is due in September, so I thought if she had a girl, I could give her this when it's done, or save it for the next girl-baby if not. Cute, huh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, I can't keep up with all your new talents. What about your sewing class? I think your jewelry looks good.

6/20/2006 08:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home