Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fetching #1 Almost Done & The Dreaded Golf Lesson

73006

Here's the first fingerless "Fetching" glove - the waste yarn indicates where I need to pick up for the thumb. I started the next one though as I wasn't at home when I finished the first one and needed to be by myself to attempt that delicate operation!

And in other news, at 8 am, I have my first golf lesson with a female golf pro at Cog Hill, about half an hour away from my home. I took one lesson with my friend Stefanie about four years ago at a public course in Wheaton from a guy who was less than enthused, and hit some balls out at a driving range a few times, but other than that I'm a total "golf virgin". But I figure I was able to go from a complete knitting virgin to what I would consider an intermediate knitter in the space of a year and a half - so I'm going to attack golf the same way. Jim plays and it would be nice to be able to play with him - also I get a lot of invites at work that I always have to turn down b/c I don't (yet) play.

So like eating my vegetables, I'm going to work on learning to get good at golf. I don't want to play with the guys unless I can get good (read: kick their butts!) so I'm willing to practice to get there even though it's going to somewhat take away from "wool time" (as Jim would put it.)

Wish me luck! I've got to get ready to go now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Good Luck on your Golf lessons. It's really worth it.

I was married at one time and when I got divorced, the only thing we actually *sparred* over was the Golf Pro. I got the Auto Mechanic as a result of losing that quest :)

7/31/2006 07:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home