Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Klaralund Followup, SKB Progress, Teva Long Sleeved Ballet T

Thanks to everyone for their comments on the Klaralund - after looking at it again, I see what I did wrong. I sewed half of the sleeve to the half of the body, but I didn't sew the right half (and was wondering why I was having so much trouble getting them to even out (i.e., I had more sleeve than body so was easing in a lot of sleeve!) I will undo the seams this weekend and redo, and show you the revised version next week.

Also, last night I finished the neck of the SKB. I just have to weave in all the ends and sew the overlapping ends of the V together and block it, but I still plan to wear it tomorrow. I'll have Jim take a picture once I have it on for the full effect.

And here's another question for you all - Yay or nay on this one?

92406 007



Should I kill it or finish the sleeves? This is one of those Teva patterns where you have no reasonable idea at the outset how big (or small) the thing will actually be at the end b/c they are intended to stretch to fit. However, this one (in my opinion) could be a little bit bigger. Could be a good sexy knit for summer though. Opinions? (Note that I will NEVER work with this yarn again - Plymouth Napa - has a bit of an acrylic-y plastic smell if that makes sense - and it is worked double, so if I rip it, the yarn has to go in the garbage and cannot be repurposed as it will be a hopelessly tangled mess.)

Also note that what seems to be a spot on my left boob is really the camera cap hanging off the camera. Yeah, not so much of an expert at self-picture taking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home