Friday, September 15, 2006

Kitty Pics and Shimmer 5 Sweater Progress

I think I disproportionately show pictures of Gilda, my other kitty, on my blog, so today I thought I'd show FatKat (husband named her, I know, it's non-PC.) Here she is posing with the Shimmer 5 and a little bit of the Brooks Farm Harmony right behind her head - see how her eyes match the yarn?!

91506-2 001

And here she is with her startled look - she is an easily startled kitty and freaks out from any little noise, displaying this look.

91506-2 002

Here's some progress on my Shimmer 5 sweater - it is "Jessica" from the Colinette Wayfarer book, described as "ribbed sweater with deep V-neck." It is a piece of cake - k5p5 ribbing which I converted to do in the round with no shaping - straight to the armholes. Yes, it will be kind of a tent. But Colinette Point 5 or Shimmer 5 is kind of made for big loose warm comfy sweaters - you can't exactly make something tight or sexy with it per se. I already have a cardigan made with another color of Shimmer 5 (the Zebra colorway) so I figured I would make this with my 8 skeins I got on sale at My Sister's Knits. I'm so excited to actually begin to work through my stash!

91506-3

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cat is almost the same coloure like rag - did you ever step on her (by accident - didn't notice her)?

9/16/2006 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

She's a big girl so nobody's missing her - she weighs about 15 pounds!

9/16/2006 05:33:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I really like the colorway on that yarn. Awww kitty, she's not fat, she's just fluffy!

9/16/2006 08:16:00 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

That yarn is GORGEOUS! I think I may have to put that sweater on my "To Knit" list! Can't wait to see the finished pics.

9/17/2006 01:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home