Friday, September 29, 2006

SKB - Done!!!

82906

Yay! I'm so excited to have finished this - it was a fun process and didn't take that long. I started 9/1 with the KAL but worked on other projects too - still, finishing it (really finishing it, with ends weaved in, etc.) in a month and wearing it (and liking what it looks like) has to be a first for me. Maybe I would make another one in silk as I'm sure it would look totally different, but there's so many other patterns I want to make that I doubt I will actually do that.

Also, this was my first KAL that I started on the official day, posted comments as I went along with progress pics, got support from the other group members when a few things went wrong - and I really liked that part of the experience. I don't think I would have finished it as quickly if I wasn't doing it as part of the KAL. It was a great experience and I'd definitely do it again.

Yay...

5 Comments:

Blogger Allegra said...

Nice job! I like the pattern in stripes! Hmm, more options! I see you are from Downers Grove. My family lives in Naperville and I used to work in Western Springs!

9/29/2006 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

looks great!!! Yay!

9/29/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Nicely done! Looks custom made for you and you know I like the colors.

9/29/2006 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Tcknit said...

Great job, looks good on you!! I was so surprised to see that shopping bag, I go to Knitche too!! I'm still working on my SKB, I'm on my first sleeve, can't wait to finish it and wear it. (Maybe we will bump into each other wearing the SKB while shopping in Knitche!)

9/30/2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

It looks really great! I like how the varigated yarn turned out also.

10/02/2006 01:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home