Sunday, October 01, 2006

SP9 Questionnaire

They just posted the SP9 questionnaire so I thought I would get it out of the way now before the 10/15 deadline! (I love these things - they are so much fun!)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

It's got to be soft. Soft wool or wool blended with alpaca, mohair, and/or cashmere are my favorite. I've been wanting to try angora, as I haven't worked with that yet.

I really dislike cotton, unless it's mixed with wool or something else that makes it easier to work with (Rowan Calmer is a blend I do like - not sure of its exact composition.) I actually don't really like 100% silk either to knit with. I like wearing it in clothes that I purchase but not knitting with it as it is too slippery and has a lot of the same properties of cotton that I dislike. I'm also not a big fan of acrylic or "fun fur".


2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

The Circular Solution for the needles and a box with dividers for the crochet hooks. I'm all good there.


3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting since January 2005 but have done a lot of projects - I'd say I'm definitely at least at the intermediate level.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes - it's located here.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

Clean, outdoorsy/ocean or lemon-y scents. I like Fresh Lemon Sugar, Jil Sander Pure, and Banana Republic's Beach House scents - along those lines.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I love chocolate, especially milk chocolate. I like Godiva truffles (especially the key lime truffles) and Dove dark chocolate pieces. Twix and Reese's Peanut Butter cups are tasty too. I like the miniature ones, less commitment on each snack.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Crochet, although I haven't really taken off with it yet. I like making wire wrapped jewelry, but again, haven't done much of it. I don't spin and don't really have any interest in that - just the end results!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

90s music, especially early/mid 90s (college, post college tunes for me.) I also like classical music. Yes, I'm a huge ITunes and iPod addict. I also like audiobooks and buy them on audible.com or ITunes.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I'd have to say I don't really like pastels, especially baby blue and pink. I like both earth tones and vibrant colors though. I really like reddish-orange, green and dark plum.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I've been married for four great years to my husband, Jim. We have two cats, Gilda and FatKat, who are both twelve years old, and a tank full of freshwater fish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Not so much. Surprisingly, I do like fingerless gloves, like the Fetching ones I made earlier this year.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Sweaters.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Eeek. What am I NOT knitting right now? My blog is the best source to stay current on this, as I have about 9 unfinished projects (a record low for me!) and a number of them are actually soon to be finished. I should be done with Christmas gifts by the end of November, but I always have at least one sweater on the needles for me as well.


14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Mmmm, that's a tough one. It really depends. I would have to say no to be safe.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Usually Circular Addi Turbos only - but Circular Lantern Moons would be a real treat. I've discovered Magic Loop recently so long circulars would be great.


16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes and yes.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

About a year old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Hmm, another interesting one. I would say maybe Memorial Day because of the promise of the upcoming long summer ahead? I'm not a big holiday person.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Rowan Magazines - I have a good number of them but am missing a lot of the early ones.

I have everything in the 30s and I have the latest #40. In the 20s, I have 22, 23 and 27 but would love any of the others. In the teens, I have 13, 15, 16, and 18.


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Not particularly. The Amazon wish list would show the books I'm looking for. Needles - Lantern Moon 24 - 29 " Circulars, size 5 or 6. I have an Interweave Knits subscription and I really only like that one - if there is a way to get a Rebecca subscription via mail I'd love that, but I don't know if that's available. An Interweave Crochet subscription would also be of interest....


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Intarsia, but I'm taking a class on that on November 4th. I already know fair isle, entrelac, cables, magic loop, knitting on 2 circulars...am working on my first steeking project. I'd eventually like to investigate the purchase of a knitting machine and maybe buy one in the spring - for light gauge yarns. I'd love a resource that would help me compare the ones that are out there, as I'd like to invest in a good one but don't know what the good ones are yet.


22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I'm not yet a sock knitter, but I'm taking a class to learn how to do them on Magic Loop next month. I haven't measured my feet but I wear US size 6 1/2 or 7 shoes.


23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

February 19, 1972

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home