Monday, November 13, 2006

BACK!!!!

After being in a marketing-induced daze for the last four weeks, I am BACK!

I made a lot of progress on Ariann, finishing the body and one sleeve, as well as starting the second one.

111306 002

111306 001

Also, went for this impulse buy at JoAnn's when signing up for yet another sewing class. Yeah, I'm thinking this is "another Perfect Pancake" as Jim would say (if you haven't heard of this, it is one of those gadgets that yes, I did buy from late night TV. Apparently, there's one born every minute.) It (the knitting machine, not The Perfect Pancake LOL) makes this very weird faux-stockinette stitch and the tension is not easy to figure out. I'm going to give it another go, but I'm thinking it's probably another $65 down the drain!


111306 003

111306 004

You can see I had some "issues" with the tension in the first picture - the blue yarn is the swatch that comes with it to "prove" that it works. No comment....

Back to the sewing class - in this one we get to use the Viking Platinum 715 (one of the models I am considering buying) so I'm kind of excited. And I verified that this class truly is going to use a pattern - they thought it would be pajama bottoms, which I can always use. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ariann looks great and I love the color. Sorry about the knitting machine. Hope your weekend was great.

11/13/2006 05:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Can't wait for you to finish Ariann!

11/14/2006 01:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started on my second sleeve too!

Yours is looking great!

11/14/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ariann looks great! Almost done! I have the Incredible Sweater Machine (purchased before I learned to knit) it does a great job! But I'll probably only make Pet Resue Blankies & such cause I love hand knitting. I would save tons if I could make my family thir jammy bottoms. Have fun in class!

11/14/2006 12:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home