Friday, December 15, 2006

Last Christmas FO and a New Knitalong!

Here's my father in law Bob's finished Basketcase Jacket....got up at 5 am to finish it. It was hard to take a good picture of because it's so huge, so I hung it up, but now the shoulders look deformed. It looks better in real life. But it's being wrapped and sent up to northern Wisconsin as we speak (thanks Jim!)

Pattern: Basketcase Jacket from Men in Knits by Tara Jon Manning
Yarn: Rowan Big Wool ("Cloak" colorway)
Needles: Addi Turbo 15s and 13s (for edging)

121506 001

Something new that I'm really excited about - I am co-hosting my first knitalong starting January 1st! Me and Jeanne started talking about knitting sweaters for our husbands and decided, why not set up a knitalong? I wrote an intro about it, etc. at http://manlygiftalong.blogspot.com/ and Jeanne did an awesome job formatting the blog and made cool buttons for it, set up places for links, and other cool stuff etc. Check it out, and post a comment with your email address (or email me or Jeanne with your email address) to join! It will also be listed on the 2007 list of knitalongs. Here's a link to the old list for 2006, but I'm not sure if it will be on the same site or set up on a new one.

And now, having finished my last "knitting on a deadline" item (this morning) and my marketing final (last night), I'm off! My last day in the office for the year is today, and Jim and I leave for our getaway Caribbean cruise tomorrow morning. I'll be checking email once a day (any more than that and I get in trouble) but will be back on Thursday.

Happy Holidays!

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Wow! What a sweater! Enjoy your cruise! And congrats! "See" you next week!

12/15/2006 12:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That looks like a lot of knitting! Even with big yarn What a fabulous present!

12/15/2006 10:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry x-mas with best wishes!

12/25/2006 07:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home