Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Classic Elite Beatrice

I was going through Melissa Leapman's Hot Knits book for another pattern to make (like I need a new project!!) and decided to get some of the yarns she uses and swatch them to see if I like them.

Here's the first - Classic Elite Beatrice! It's a combination of red, orange and brown, but it's a little hard to tell in the picture.


I really like this yarn - the colorway is Sugar Maple, shade #3253. Even though it's a plied yarn, which I usually don't like, this one holds together and doesn't snag, and the merino wool feels substantial yet soft. I've decided I'm probably going to make this sweater (Kirstin - on the second page of the table of contents) as a result.

Has anyone made this one? I've never attempted putting a zipper into my knitting so that will be a first for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home