Thursday, June 29, 2006

Linen Print Anna Update and Another One Bites the Dust....



I was winding my Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool for swatching and Jim walked in and took a picture of me in action with my swift (I am such a knitting geek!) He insisted I show an after picture of the finished result even though everyone knows what that looks like...


Here is the first finished (raglan) sleeve for the Linen Print Anna sweater - started last night and finished today already! I should have a FO to show by the end of the weekend at this rate!


And the other yarn I bought from Elann.com for swatching...I've been wanting to try Gedifra's Beauty Cotton and a few of the other yarns that Elann makes (their version of variegated Cotton Classic "Sonata" and "Linus" their trying-to-be-Maggie's-Linen linen yarn), so here they are. Also bought Filatura di Crosa "Ad Hoc" bulky cotton yarn from them to try. Need to go back to Container Store and buy another bin for all the swatching yarn!


The sewing class officially bit the dust last night - I had been less than enthused about the first class meeting when we were told the supply list was wrong and we would not after all be making clothes but would be making a no-pattern pillowcase (yawn) and yet another tote bag.

I gave it another chance last night and dropped the class afterwards - with about 20 students, one teacher could not physically keep up with all of the questions, etc. and really did not do a great job of explaining anything or even writing out what we were supposed to do. So, I am done with COD's sewing classes and will probably either take Amanda's suggestion and try the JoAnn's superstore classes or will just teach myself. I've done some things on my own already so it might be pretty easy (and I know it would be less frustrating...)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know what you think of those Elann yarns. I have been debating on getting some of the Sonnata, but I just wasn't sure.

If you are going to teach yourself to sew, get the Reader's Digest New Complete Guide to Sewing book. It's a really good resource.

6/30/2006 06:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know what you think of those Elann yarns. I have been debating on getting some of the Sonnata, but I just wasn't sure.

If you are going to teach yourself to sew, get the Reader's Digest New Complete Guide to Sewing book. It's a really good resource.

6/30/2006 06:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home