Thursday, August 03, 2006

Like a Hole in the Head....

I’ve come to the conclusion that I need more yarn like I need a hole in the head. I tried previously to take “inventory” of what existed in my yarn closet and I’ll tell ya, the results aren’t pretty. (Well, they are, but the fact that I’ve spent $4000 on yarn so far this year – thank you, Microsoft Money- is decidedly not.)

As a result, I’ve come to the decision that I’ll limit my future yarn purchases this year to 1.) Stitches Midwest next week and 2.) any irresistible selections from the Elann.com swatching membership for the remainder of this calendar year. At the risk of one of you tracking me down and breaking and entering to snatch any of these lovelies – take a look at this inventory. It’s truly insane, and I know it’s not even complete.

Tahki Bunny Print blue/green variegated for drop stitch zip-front sweater

Tahki Bunny Print orange/brown variegated

Stacy Charles Victoria copper/brown/cream

7 coral Tahki Cotton Classic

8 bright lime green Tahki Cotton Classic

6 Rowan recycled chunky brown variegated - Sally Melville skirt?

10 Elsebeth Lavold sedona red Silky Wool

SW Trading Co green bamboo for Summer 2006 Interweave Knits tank

3 sk Giotto - Katy Ryan tunic in Interweave Knits Spring 2006

sushi wallet felting kit

3 pomegranate tartelette

green/brown kimono angora/kimono ribbon - Louisa Harding v neck sweater with ribbon edging

gray Jaeger mohair art- ?? "Maggie" from Rowan Mag 35?

Debbie Bliss Soho green/brown mix

4 Cotton Braid "Cezanne" for tank top + one extra (may use for purse?)

10 blush linen print, 1 peachy, 1 refresher for lace top in the Linen Print Collection

louisa harding seafoam green Kashmir dk for ???

4 sk gray/white big wool fusion –gender neutral baby sweater?

green/gray Noro Kureyon – was going to be Noah’s sweater – may be next year’s Christmas gift

pink All Seasons Cotton

Noro Kochoran - v neck sweater?

silk variegated green/brown/cream yarn from Stitches Midwest - custom sweater from 1000 sweaters book or one of RYC sweaters in DK weight or Annie Modesitt lace corset

blue/gray Biggy Print - swatch to Colinette Point 5/Shimmer 5 patterns' gauge

Colinette Point 5 - turquoise

colinette prism - reddish peach

colinette giotto - blue/green

colinette giotto - copper

white Jaeger Trinity for cabled tank

yellow all seasons cotton for ?

White cotton tape for ??? (10 skein pack)

Terracotta Canyon Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece – for lace tunic in Hot Knits by Melissa Leapman

Brown Sheep Burly Spun in periwinkle/lime for cabled Celtic pullover in Hot Knits

2 skeins coral Brown Sheep cotton fleece

2 skeins lime Brown Sheep cotton fleece


So do ya all agree that the last thing I need is YARN???????? I read Amanda’s post about reaching the bottom of her yarn basket with amazement – how does this happen? How does one muster this much self control? I have to hand it to her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Robin, what days will you be at Stitches? Maybe we'll run into each other! (Hint: I'll be there every day.) :)

8/08/2006 08:13:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'll be there Friday afternoon, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon!

8/09/2006 07:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home