Tuesday, August 01, 2006

More Works in Progress

Well, my golf lesson at Cog Hill on Sunday morning went GREAT. I really clicked with the golf pro, Rachel Teresi, co-founder of Women to Women Golf School in the Chicago area. She has a really organized approach and as she puts it, she teaches objectively rather than subjectively. I also found it very interesting that she did not take up golf until she was 28.

I am in the process of setting up another lesson with her for one of the mornings this weekend and plan to take ½ hour with her each week. An hour was really nice for the first lesson but I think most of the instruction is covered in ½ hour and the rest is practice. I set up a new daily task on my Outlook task list to practice the two drills she showed me – if it’s on the task list, it gets done (usually) – if not, it doesn’t.

Knitting – I finished the front of Noah’s Yarn Girls “Mikey Liked It” v neck sweater and am now working on the first sleeve. Pictures to come... My webcast knitting – had a 1 ½ hour one on a new accounting pronouncement yesterday so got a lot done during that one. Next I have to get going on my mother in law’s vest and on Noah’s sister McKenna’s fair isle cardigan (here's what it should look like when it's done!)
holly-lg
It’s only the beginning of August though.

Also finished both fingerless gloves except for the thumb because I RAN OUT OF YARN even though I unraveled my gauge swatch! I never run out of yarn, so my row gauge must have been tighter than the pattern designer's. So, have to go back to Knitche to get another ball - I'll just make another pair with the rest of the skein I buy, just a little shorter and give one away as a gift.

8106 004


Went to two yarn sales over the weekend/yesterday – although I’m bummed about the reason for the sales (shop closures.) Tangled Web Fibers in Oak Park is selling everything for 40% off starting today (they just had cotton on sale over the weekend so I scored some Colinette Wigwam (in “Copperbeach”)
8106 006


for the Summer 2006 Interweave Knits brioche tank at 40% off. I’m going to try to go back there this week, maybe tomorrow night, to stash up.

The second yarn sale is at Flying Colors in Clarendon Hills – the building is being demolished and the nice owners decided that it was time for them to retire rather than moving to another location. Apparently they’ve moved once before in the last few years, so they weren’t up for doing it again. They are selling everything at 50% off, and I had been over there before (twice) when everything was 40% off and the selection was better. They still have Rowan Big Wool, Jaeger Natural Fleece and Rowan Chunky Print so I was debating going back for it. I bought a 10 pack of more Tahki Bunny Print in an orange/brown colorway,

8106 007

9 skeins of Stacy Charles Victoria in a variegated copper, dark brownish ash and cream color

8106 005
and 4 back issues of Interweave Knits (my absolute favorite magazine.)

And house progress pics - the french doors and new stairs are now in

8106 002

Next up? New hardwood floors!
8106 001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home