Monday, September 04, 2006

New KALs and SP9

I've gotten farther than I thought I would with my new KAL for the Stitch Diva Knitted Bodice although I did hit a speed bump this morning- details here.

I also posted my opening unfinished objects list on the new KAL I joined "Two Steps Forward, One Back".

After much hemming and hawing (is that a word?) I decided to sign up for Secret Pal 9. I really wasn't sure if I wanted to try one of the exchanges b/c I wasn't sure I'd be able to find good stuff for the "pal" I'd be assigned but I started thinking about some of the things I've seen lately at my LYS that are cool and decided to just go for it.

In the SP9 questionnaire, I decided to say that I'm open to a pal from any country or continent (which I hope would mean I would not only be sending items to an international pal, but would also receive things from an international pal?) because I thought it would probably make it more interesting to send and receive items that may not be as available in our respective countries. The shipping is what it is - not that big of a deal really - but I'd guess a lot of people might say that they prefer their own country or continent b/c of the shipping thing - so I'll probably get my wish and get to exchange with some cool people from somewhere outside the U.S. I actually have a decent number of international hits on my blog, so I might get to know one of them better. Hopefully I won't give myself away with my big mouth - that's another concern!

Overall I'm pretty excited about it and can't wait for it to start. I think I am pretty good at shopping (tee hee, lots of practice) and tailoring the items I buy for people to what I think they would like. It will be cool to read someone else's blog and figure out what they might be into, and hopefully be right! Plus I thought it would help to get me into the spirit of the holiday season - which sometimes I really get into and other times I don't due to feeling kind of overexposed to the whole thing, if you know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home