Thursday, November 16, 2006

Progress!

Just finished the 2nd sleeve of Ariann and connected the pieces - this is going to be a LONG a&& row to work on! I didn't even dare to count how many stitches it is across. But it's connected - I know that CeCe didn't take that long to finish once I got this far, so I'm encouraged.

111606 002 Edited to add: BTW, as a number of people have asked me which yarn I'm using for Ariann, I thought I'd mention that I'm using Brooks Farm Riata. I bought it at Stitches Midwest in August, and they don't have the color I bought on their web site but I've attached the link. They truly are a great group of people with fabulous yarns. This concludes my commercial announcement of the day.

Also bought the Rowan Country book and a ball of it for swatching the other day - I like it! May make one of the designs in this book eventually...just add that to my huge to-do list!

111606 001

6 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Oh Robin, that's gorgeous! I'm sure I said this, but I love that shade of red! It's gonna look awesome on you!

11/16/2006 04:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ariann is looking great! I'm right behind you -- almost finished with the second sleeve. Woo hoo! It's so awesome when the finish line is in sight! I'm really looking forward to wearing this sweater!

11/16/2006 04:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! By the end of this evening, I'll be at the same spot that you are at in your photo. Bonus: tonight is KIP night, and I get to knit it in the presence of la Bonne Marie herself! :)

11/16/2006 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh it looks so pretty in red. i never would've thought to use that shade, but yours is gorgeous.

11/17/2006 09:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great pattern and that color looks like cranberries. Nice.

11/17/2006 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Oh, that is beautiful. The sweater and the color - all of it! Can't wait to see the finished product. We do like the same things - kind of funny. I add some of your projects to my ever growing to-do list too!

11/21/2006 01:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home