Thursday, August 17, 2006

HTML Woes

My goal for today was to figure out how to post a button to my blog. I decided to start with the UFO August button, and went to the UFO August page, then did "View Source" in Internet Explorer, found the button part of the text, and pasted it into the template section of my blog. After a few tries, I got the button to post, but now it moved everything to the left side at the bottom, instead of the right side at the bottom.

I really need an HTML class. I am just a little too old (eek) to have learned HTML in school and I think I (finally) understand how people feel when they are trying to work with technology they aren't familar with. I have to admit I haven't been all that sympathetic to those people in the past, and I want to say, I officially apologize. Now, I have to find some sort of online or offline HTML class to sign up for or book to buy b/c I can't stand not knowing something I need to know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

Hi
try going to http://www.lissaexplains.com/ it really helped me out. I knew nothing about html until a few moneths ago. This is aimed at kids but is very clear and simple.
If not I can always help you. I have e-mailed you about rowna plaid so just reply and i'll help.

8/18/2006 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger badmomgoodmom said...

If you are too old to have learned html in school, I must be ancient. I wrote my first HTML code in 1994 when my PhD advisor told me to put up a web page with my research and hobby interests for his website.

Back then, I played bridge with a 60 yo that wrote the standards for XML (the superset for HTML).

8/29/2006 04:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home