Tuesday, October 10, 2006

New Pattern Frenzy!

Again, I'm all excited about some patterns that I've seen recently. I am still going to cast on for Ariann, but am trying to get some UFOs done first. Last night I finished the last 40 rows of knitting on the baby sweater and will be sewing that, and I'm thinking that on the fair isle cardigan steeking project, that will maybe be next year's project for McKenna instead of this year's. I'm kind of burned out on gift knitting for now, so am thinking about making her something from my gray Big Wool Fusion instead - quick and easy.

But back to the new patterns I want to do. I saw a great sweater on Lara's blog made with Rowan Soft Tweed, a Knitty pattern called Blackberry that I have the chunky print for already (in this great yellow/red/cream colorway called Corinthian) and a sweater in Fall 05 Interweave Knits with K1C2 Temptation - done in the round, chunky yarn, easy cables. I think it is called the Cascade Indulgence pullover. I ordered a ball of the Soft Tweed, and two different colors of the K1C2 Temptation from yarnmarket.com to swatch with as I didn't have anything suitable in my stash (LOL.)

Jim and I decided to skip the MBA trip - he really wasn't so enthused about going, and he didn't want me going by myself to Europe (he is weird about some things like that.) He probably would have went if I twisted his arm, but I don't want to drag him if he really doesn't want to go. So big deal - I'll be 36 when I finish the MBA whether I finish 6 months early or not - and it's not like there's a race or anything.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Knit away! No need to rush on the school stuff, you've got almost all of it behind you anyway. 6mos? Bet you can do that with your eyes closed.

10/10/2006 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing that no matter how big our stash is, we still "need" more? I see from the patterns you are definitely into cables right now. They are addictive, aren't they?

10/10/2006 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger Lara said...

Wow - my name made it to a blog! Your Blackberry is gonna be beautiful in that colorway! I am thinking I may need to knit that myself now. I will check back and see what you decided on the soft tweed!

10/13/2006 09:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home