Friday, October 06, 2006

V Neck Raglan and Crazy Wool-Venture

Here's a pic of my V-neck raglan in process - I just joined the neck and will be working straight, then doing the ribbing. I put it on waste yarn and tried it on and it fit great. I'm getting more used to this "putting project on waste yarn" thing and have learned the tricks to avoiding losing any stitches in the process, so top-down is definitely my favorite way to knit a sweater now.


10606


So yesterday was so successful with the de-stashing that I started thinking about getting more of the yarns I do want - like Brooks Farm and Tess - then started thinking about the only real place to get those with a huge selection (that I know of): the STITCHES market! Then looked at the Knitter's site to see when Stitches East was, and saw that it is on a weekend that I could actually go. Then I told my friend Lisa about it and she was saying that the Brooks Farm web site didn't have a good selection of yarns and she wanted to pick up some Riata of her own, after seeing the reds and the swatch I did for Ariann and liking it.

Soo.... this is how I came to decide to fly to Baltimore for one day on a Saturday morning, buy yarn, and come back that evening. Umm, this is a whole new level of yarn addiction, right, if I'm getting on one-day flights to shop for it???

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You are one prolific knitter, and everything looks great!

10/06/2006 08:25:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Not at all! Rates are so good on flights and all...

10/06/2006 11:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing like top down knitting! My favourite method!

10/07/2006 01:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home