Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thanks, Secret Pal!

111806 001

Got this great package from my Secret Pal last night - I especially love the ArtYarns Ultramerino 4! I have to find a really great pattern for it - I think I will make fingerless gloves with it instead of socks. Or, maybe I could buy more and use it for a really delicate sweater. I have to think about it - suggestions are appreciated though!

The other items were totally appreciated as well and were two books from my wish list and some yummy Reese's Peanut Butter cups, which will definitely NOT go to waste. It had been a while since I looked at Luxury Knits, and when I read through it last night, I found a number of things I want to make in there. Thanks again Secret Pal! You're the best!


Try this "Language Arts" quiz - I thought this was fun. Although I may purposely ignore punctuation on this blog (too many commas, run-on or fragmented sentences) I really hate the type of grammatical errors that this quiz points out. Not to sound like a snob or anything, but I think there's a good number of people out there who truly don't know or never learned this stuff (or maybe it just doesn't bother them!)

Your Language Arts Grade: 100%

Way to go! You know not to trust the MS Grammar Check and you know "no" from "know." Now, go forth and spread the good word (or at least, the proper use of apostrophes).

Are You Gooder at Grammar?
Make a Quiz

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the yarn. I wasn't entirely sure, but the color seemed right and the feel of it was awesome. It was fun to put the package together and I'm so glad you like the books too.

Yeah, I scored 100% on the quiz and found most of the errors to be based on contraction misunderstandings.

11/18/2006 08:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So envy on those yarn! Use it the best you can!

11/18/2006 05:54:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Nice goodies! Hope you have fun & I know you'll come up with something great for that beautiful yarn!

11/18/2006 08:16:00 PM  
Blogger LotusKnits said...

Oooh I'm drooling over your yarn! Some wrist warmers would be gorgeous, and Eunny's Endpaper Mitts pattern would look awesome with a contrasting color...just thinking out loud. :)

And you will love Stephanie's new book. I reference it often.

11/18/2006 10:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home